How can learning to golf help wounded veterans?
Jim Estes is a former PGA Tour Player. He saw first-hand the positive force the game of golf could play in the recovery process for our nation’s wounded veterans. In 2006, Jim and a childhood friend founded the Salute Military Golf Association. SMGA eventually evolved into a non-profit aimed at supporting post-9/11 wounded veterans.
- Check out the Salute Military Golf Association's website for their programs and events.
Insights From The Interview
- How Jim's own battles with anxiety and depression gave him insights into the challenges veterans face.
- The importance of camaraderie and exercise to recovery for wounded veterans.
- The obstacles Jim faced from the VA when he first started SMGA.
- What SMGA's programs entail -- free lessons and swag!