How did this veteran entrepreneur get started with just one gum ball machine?
Insights From The Interview
- The tradeoffs Matt considered between a successful corporate career and entrepreneurship.
- How reading, "Rich Dad, Poor Dad," changed his life.
- How Matt got started really, really, really small in entrepreneurship.
- How success at his job ended up hurting his career.
- Why Matt got bored in his career and why he needed to change.
- Why you need a business coach.
- How Matt’s goal in his career and life are all a part of his lifestyle design.
- Don't care about what other people think — live your life for you.
- The simple change in thought process that Matt teaches his team so that they don't get stuck on challenges.
- “Life’s too short, and there is way too much opportunity in today’s day and age to be stuck doing something you don’t like to do.”
- The military skills Matt relied on to successfully build his business and career.
- The E-Myth : Why Most Small Businesses Don't Work and What to Do About It, by Michael Gerber
- Outliers: The Story of Success, by Malcolm Gladwell
- E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don't Work and What to Do About It, by Michael Gerber
- Rich Dad Poor Dad: What The Rich Teach Their Kids About Money That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not!, by Robert Kiyosaki
- Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less, by Greg McKeown
Dave Ramsey - The EntreLeadership Podcast
- Check out Matt's business at School Spirit Vending or reach out to him via e-mail.