This veteran passes on best practices on entrepreneurship through the Command Your Business Podcast.
Scott Fussell created the Command Your Business Podcast to focus on Military Veterans who have become or want to become Entrepreneurs. Prior to this venture, he spent 4 years in the Army ROTC program at the University of Tennessee, graduated as a Distinguished Military Graduate, and was commissioned as a Second Lieutenant in the United States Army. Scott spent the next four and a half years serving as a Tank Platoon Leader, Tank Company Executive Officer, Battalion Maintenance Officer, and Assistant Operations Officer. Since leaving the Army in 1999 as a Captain, he has worked with Global and Fortune 500 companies in a variety of roles to include Six Sigma Master Black Belt, Plant Manager, and Marketing Manager.
Insights From The Interview
- What is a mastermind and how can it help you succeed?
- What's your unfair advantage as a veteran?
- How to be a team player and get ahead in your career.
- What you can do to set up career moves within your industry.
- How to promote yourself in a positive way.
- How to set up your mastermind to get the most value.
- Find courses and programs directed towards veterans -- a lot of these are free!
Books mentioned in the podcast:
- The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich (Expanded and Updated) by Tim Ferris.
- The Lean Startup: How Today's Entrepreneurs Use Continuous Innovation to Create Radically Successful Businesses by Eric Ries.
- Think and Grow Rich: The Landmark Bestseller - Now Revised and Updated for the 21st Century by Napolean Hill.
- The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don't Work and What to Do About It by Michael Gerber.
- Find Your Why by Simon Sinek.
- Rich Dad Poor Dad: What The Rich Teach Their Kids About Money That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not! by Robert Kiyosaki.
- The 4-Hour Chef: The Simple Path to Cooking Like a Pro, Learning Anything, and Living the Good Life by Tim Ferris.