How does this veteran build location independent businesses with his writing and publishing?
Tom Morkes is a graduate of West Point, a former Army Officer, and an Iraq war veteran. Since leaving the military in 2013, he has been traveling the world and has gone on to write 3 books. He is
currently the CEO of insurgent publishing, a boutique publishing company that makes books for the creative outliers of the world. He, along with two other veterans, just launched
HighSpeedLowDrag.org, a transition resource for aspiring veteran entrepreneurs.
Insights From The Interview
- Why wait to pursue your ideas? If you are going to be struggling make it over something you care about.
- When applying for a job find example of applications to help guide you in using correct language.
Don't write a resume in a military vacuum. Explain how your skills and achievements add value to a company.
Location independent, online businesses let you have the freedom to work where you want.
Don't be afraid to try, failure is okay because it helps you grow.
Mastermind groups can help support you and help you grow together with other like minded people.
Check out Tom's site to see what he's up to and how he can help your
- Tom just launched HighSpeedLowDrag with a
couple other veterans to help fill the void in transition training. You can even get their free ebook, 101 Steps To Transition Success: A Unconventional List Of What To Do When
Leaving The Military.
- To learn more about the business concepts that has made Tom successful, check out Tom's magazine, Bootstrapped, and his books on his site or on Amazon like, The Complete Guide to Pay What You Want Pricing, The
Art of Instigating (Audiobook Included), and Notes
From Seth Godin's Revolution Conference.
- You can also contact Tom via LinkedIn or e-mail.